Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Child soup

It's half term. That swim was supposed to bring out lovely thoughts but I just wanted to blast all the other pool users out of the water. I say 'pool users' rather than swimmers as there were billions of small children shrieking and splashing their mummies who just stood in one spot. There was also a life saving lesson going on in the other lane. I hogged the one remaining lane for as long as I could and swam angrily from one end to the other until I could take no more. So contemplative and calm it was not.

I went to see my friend MC in Clapham for lunch. She had been sewing beautiful embroideries and made me feel inspired to do something rather than stare into space day after day. Perhaps I should give my attention to one of those eighty two unfinished projects I have lurking around.

I then went to see a gallery where Rachel has her seaside paintings. I don't think they're quite giving her the priority she deserves as her paintings were buried so deep in the archives they couldn't be found. I then passed a much better gallery where they had adopted the Less is Best attitude. In the window was a painting by someone I know and, as I own two pieces by her, felt rather pleased that she had made it to poll position. Of course I should do more painting, get a collection together and slog it round some galleries. Note to self: Start Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment