Monday, February 28, 2011

Nowt queer as folk

All I seem to do these days is fight. However, one fight ballasts you up quite well to take on another. I am fighting with my horrible mother over the inherited family silver, I am fighting with managing agents about the water pouring down the walls at my seaside flat and a friend, who I thought was a really good friend, has made me apoplectic with rage. On the other hand I have lovely dear friends who have come to the aid of the party and are holding me up, dusting down my armour and sending me back out into the battlefield.

A wonderful letter arrived this morning from Mad Carina complete with Best Friend badge which I am wearing like a medal well won. She is so utterly brilliant. The Apprentice has been a saint and gives me "Well done, Mummy" comments to keep me going. Mr Smith is a brick, although he is a bit upset that I am returning the family silver that we simply cannot afford to keep; it's back to the stainless steel and grotty ep for us.

I'll probably make it up with the good friend and my nice aunt will help me out with the ridiculous bill I have received for the family silver or, alternatively, have the silver. She was so kind to me this morning. The agents are sending some builders to mend the roof. My mother will eventually calm down although she currently thinks I am the spawn of the devil ... funny that?!

Anyway, thanks all of you who put up with me and know that I value your friendship more than my Jimmy Choo shoes and I will make you all cupcakes forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment