Monday, September 5, 2011

France Vacance


Well, eventually we found our way and we have settled in nicely in Burgundy/Bourgogne/ That place where the wine comes from.  Our house is in a gorgeous setting and has a freezing cold swimming pool.  I know because I swam while Monsieur Smith watched me freeze my tits off.

We have been good tourists and good shoppers.  Well, actually we have been excellent shoppers especially in the Sunday market where I had to be forcibly restrained from buying an enormous string of garlic when we only need one clove, and a very odd pair of scissors that cut up everything into zillions of little strips.  However, after a fabulous lunch we decided to give the art gallery a miss and wander round the town and stare at the River Saone instead and take in a few cake shops.

Not a whore house - a bakery!
I absolutely love Carrefours where we went suitably beserk.  Our trolley groaned with all the wines and other goodies we loaded into it.  Bearing in mind we had done our big market shop earlier for cheeses and hams and fruits & veg, we really had overdone it.

In the night the fridge broke down.  Eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment