Thursday, July 21, 2011

Calmer karma

I can't do this without sellotape - can you?

I am in a bad mood.  The weather is horrible, rainy and chilly and not a bit summery.  I am feeling irritable today.  I am not going to do any of the following:-

Reunite Miss Ross and her runaway dog on the Heath ... yet again.  Get a long lead for your dog, you stupid old bat.

Be elated at the next weedy bit of work experience gained by the newly graduated ex Student Son.  Get paid employment like normal people you idle little shit.

Stay in to take delivery of endless rubbish sent off for by the Apprentice son that is never what he actually wanted as he misordered yet again.  And NO, I am not going down to Putney Post Office to pick it up either.

Make a picnic lunch for Mr Smith's day at Lords (in the rain).  Buy some sandwiches you mean git.

Reassure Gwen that she will make a brilliant hotel manager on her tiny little island in the sun.  Asking your knuckle scraping staff, most of whom can't hold a pencil, to write down their job descriptions is not going to be a great start!

So, as I unsellotape my fingers and go out to the shops for the picnic supplies, stopping at the post office, dropping in at the job centre, taking an extra dog lead with me, then dashing off a "You'll be a super hotel manager, don't worry" email, I will start to think calmer thoughts.

Oh, and before I forget, yeah Carina I am sorry your father is drawing his last ventilated breath - isn't he dead yet?  And your husband has lost a bit of his ear (due to surgery not carelessness).  I will add a Van Gogh and some plastic Spock ears to my shopping list and send you good cheer, despite my rotten mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment