Thursday, July 7, 2011

La famille

We didn't win Euro millions, but nor did anyone else.  It's now something like £166 million.  Yup, I could do with that.  I will buy a ticket this time.... of my own.  The Apprentice kindly bought me a ticket but if I won I'd have to give it all to him or we might never speak again.  Oh the evils of wealth.

The student did some film work last night.  Amazing.  Well, I don't know if he was actually working as a cameraman or just hanging about the set looking spare but, whatever it was, he did it all night.  Well done him; I am proud mother of a hanger-on..

The Apprentice wants to buy a barn in France.  Sorry, barn is far too grand a word.  I think it's probably a pile of hay bales.  Anyway, it's in the wrong part of France where absolutely nobody goes, ever - Normandy.  Not even the French go there which is why it has become a British enclave where nobody speaks French and they all get ripped off by the locals who see les rostbifs as a good way to supplement their incomes through taxes various.  Roof tax - but we don't have a roof.   His friend has lost money hand over fist in this game so he should be warned but the friend is the one suggesting this marvellous investment.  Admittedly he now has a very beautiful barn conversion but it took all his money and nobody would ever ever want to buy it as it is in the middle of a field, kilometres from anywhere. I say Non.  He says I am tres negative.

Off to make cupcakes with Arty Antonia's daughter, Alexia, today.  I am quite excited.  I have packed my entire kitchen in my car.

No comments:

Post a Comment