Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Glorious Good hat

Tomorrow I am off to Ladies Day at Goodwood Races in a dress that doesn't fit and painful shoes .... but a lovely hat.  I tried on the dress and I can just squeeze into it but to be honest I look like a big pink sausage that's bursting out of its skin - a bit like my resemblance to a black pudding when I went surfing in a wetsuit.  Let's face it even total starvation ain't going to get me down a dress size by tomorrow so I think it's a case of dash to the shops; I don't want to frighten the horses.

Later: I dashed. I found the perfect thing in Monsoon sale so no more squeezy fat for me and I am having a shoe rethink too as I have to wear them all day and it will be a long day what with paddock inspections and collecting my winnings (should I be lucky).  The one thing I am happy with is the hat.  Here - see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment