Monday, July 18, 2011

Harvest Home

The sprained wrist righted itself enough to be able to gather my home grown vegies.  I mean vegetables, not vegetarians; I don't have any of those.  My family are all "Where's the meat?" every Vegetarian Tuesday.

Strawberry Surprise

The Lovely Claudia came to the aid of the party and we had a harvest festival in my vegetable garden then at my table shelling peas, podding broad beans and shredding runners.  Oh what a high time we had.  Well, that's because I made her try five different type of cupcake and we positively had "de sugars".  She's a hopeless guinea pig for my cupcake experiments as she is far too polite to say any of them are vile and takes away all my disasters for her family - probably dumping them in the nearest skip on the way home.  Well I palmed those dreary garlic looking ones on her and she could have taken some of the hidden strawberry surprises but we had to cut them all open as we were just too curious (or rather I was) to see if the strawberry was still in there.  Where exactly I thought it might have gone I don't really know.

Almond cracknell cakes not flying bat cakes
These almond caramel cakes are just delicious - quite hard work to make but well worth setting fire to your kitchen as I nearly did.

This cupcake thing is all a bit hit and miss but it's only a hobby.  Mr Smith should just be grateful it's not pottery or welding.

No comments:

Post a Comment