Sunday, July 3, 2011

Snoozy tennis

I wasn't bored for long as Mr Smith and the dog and the Apprentice all joined me on my seaside retreat.  So much for a nice quiet bit of solace by the coast.  Actually, it was lovely to see them and they didn't all come at once.  The seaside was so beautifully quiet in the week but on Saturday became horribly peoply.

Mr Smith accompanied me to a party and he actually enjoyed it.  I had a teeny weeny headache this morning which was even worse when we went to collect the Apprentice from his ferry.  I slept right through the boring tennis just emerging from my hungover snooze at the final thwack by whatisname defeating Nadal (then eating the Centre Court) so I could enjoy the prize giving which, in my mind, is much the best bit.

So now I am back home where normal service will be resumed with the fun of activities such as laundry, sock pairing, house cleaning, gardening and chivvying the Student into clearing up all his stuff.  Oh jolly japes.

No comments:

Post a Comment