Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pointed remarks

The Miro exhibition was snazzy and jazzy and quite uplifting.  The hamster bedding has not shifted from my ears but is becoming more bearable which makes me wonder whether it is actually diminishing or am I just getting used to it?  It is a ghastly sensation and it's making me feel quite irritable.

Cor, there's an awful lot of construction work going on in London considering we are living in impoverished times.  The Shard is looming.  Ken Shuttleworth  (Norman Foster's side kick) assures us we have enough silly shaped buildings.  Oh yeah, a bit rich from someone who stuffed a gherkin in the middle of our city.  Anyway, I have to say I really don't like the Shard. I am worried that I might no longer be able to clearly see St Pauls and the London skyline will no longer be recognisable.  However, my worries are far too late as the thing is bloody huge.  No, I won't show you a photo, just look out of your window; you should be able to see it from wherever you are, it's so damned large.

Well, that's today's rant over.  I told Mr Smith it would rain yesterday ... and it did, all over the laundry on the line.  It looks rather cloudy again today.  Time for a tumble I think ... followed by an extermination by the Senior Dalek as I waste a bit more electricity.

Price of a life sized Dalek: £1,600.  However, you can get one for £300 on eBay - £500 for a red one.  Seems quite reasonable actually; I am quite tempted.  But let's face it, I don't need one as I have my very own already.

No comments:

Post a Comment