Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Alan Measles and me

I was going a little stir crazy here in my mad house of overeating so I decided to venture out in search of culture. Almost anything I fancied was closed but I found Grayson Perry at the British Museum so I dragged Mrs Smith Mother of Mr Smith off on a piligrimage to Bloomsbury. It is a fabulous exhibition and if you haven't been just hop on your pink motorbike and zoom there without further ado. Best exhib I have been to this year. Look out for all the references to Alan Measles, a teddy bear with godlike status who just makes me want to draw and draw.

On my return over a cup of tea and attack of a Christmas cake with very hard icing, I broke a tooth - a front one. Oh blow! I dashed down to Boots this morning and bought myself a My Little Dentist Kit. When I got back Mr Smith had somehow rammed too many books on the shelf in the dining room whereupon the dresser came crashing down smashing all the plates and teapots to smithereens all over Mrs Smith Mother of Mr Smith. Oh well, quite cathartic really; we dusted down Mrs Smith MoMS and got her to hoover up the bits. I can be gloriously cross with Mr Smith for a very long time.

My parents came to lunch today suitably laden with gifts. We dutifully relieved them of these replacing them with different gifts. They thought I'd done a good job on my home dentistry tooth repair - I think I look a fright, but at least there's no gap. Perhaps I should take up dentistry in the New Year; I could save us a fortune.

No comments:

Post a Comment