Thursday, December 22, 2011

It's all Claudia's fault

If there is no food in Sainsburys this is because Mr Smith, in the guise of Supermarketman, has transferred it all to our bulging fridge, cupboards, sideboards, worktops, both bursting freezers and anywhere else he can ram it.  We're full ... til May.

The Lovely Claudia was going to drop round with a book she borrowed then denied borrowing then owned up to borrowing.  She cancelled but it was OK as I had in the meantime Amazoned a new one.  People who bought that also bought .... so I did too and spent most of the morning reading "When God was a Rabbit" , an absolutely blissful read.  This was most remiss of me as my house is in an awful state and it's almost Christmas.  Did you see that programme on Channel 4 about a prissy village with a messy hoarder right in the middle who upset them all no end?  Well my house is almost as bad.  Admittedly you don't have to tunnel your way through rubbish to get to the kitchen but you do have to step over an awful lot of debris in most rooms and the silver needs cleaning - tomorrow's task.

I did the ironing then I found a hoover I had never used.  I bought it for the Best Boy when he was at University.  It was remarkably pristine.  I plugged it in and experimented with the attachments and the different buttons one of which made it so powerful you could suck the paint off the walls.  After hoovering myself a few times and suffering suction marks, I applied it to the stairs - cor blimey, I didn't know the carpet was that colour! I was going to clean the sitting room but I got sidetracked thinking how dreadful our cushions looked and thought I'd run up some new covers.  That took the rest of the day along with applauding Supermarketman's ridiculously extravagant and overindulgent shopping and making a particularly disgusting soup.

"God, those cushion covers are hideous."  Shut up and eat your soup then you can clean the silver.

No comments:

Post a Comment