Sunday, December 4, 2011

Pet's corner

I went to the seaside and had a lovely time.  All my troubles melt away there; as do my aches and pains.  Marvelous Marylin showed me how to make pot holders properly and Adam the Dreadful Printer printed my calendars - badly.  No, he's not particularly cheap and he keeps up a consistently poor standard but he's local and does the job quickly and they're done now.  The fuzzy things are cupcakes.  I am going to print the front covers myself and I have just had a brilliant idea ... bear with me.  Firstly, I need a batch of nice flat topped cupcakes.

Later: Alfreda Cakesmith here.  Cakes rose up in Vesuvian fashion with crusts of magma on the top.  I left them in a bit too long in too hot an oven.  I was busy reading the dog's letter to him from Harrod's pet spa.  The £199 luxury pet spa experience is on special offer at £99.  I've decided we are quite happy with our dog looking like a compost heap and smelling accordingly and I will cut the tops off the cupcakes and ice them flat.

My nice C&G Confectionery teacher says it doesn't matter a jot that the top of my royal iced cake looks like the surface of the moon; the second coat will make it all ok.  That is the second coat.  Oh well, stand by for coats 3-36.  Mr Smith wants to know what's for lunch.  I am delighted to say I have no idea as I am on the "weekend off" diet which means I don't do weekend cooking; I just stuff my face all day long with whatever I want including cupcakes and lots of royal icing.  

Dentist tomorrow .. groan.  I will have to buy myself a really nice "I was good at the dentist" present.  A nice little Ipad would suit me well.  The Apprentice says he's getting me one for Christmas - bet he doesn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment