Wednesday, December 14, 2011

O Tannenbaum

Yesterday and today are being spent gently working my way through an enormous list of tasks.  I am doing quite well.  I can declare my Christmas shopping done ... tick.  I have wrapped up all the gifts and I would put them under the tree but our hall is decked with the contents of the Apprentice's car which he cleared out yesterday.  I think he just tipped the car upside down all over the hall floor.  He was thinking of arranging all the grotty bits of cable, screws, rusty tools and drill bits into a tree shaped structure.  If they're not cleared up by tomorrow I will put them in his bed.

I will start Christmas proper over the weekend.  I have completely given up with a real tree as Mr Smith's lecture on it being a waste of money and refusal to help decorate it on the grounds of "I didn't want a tree in the first place" just gets me down.  So we have an odd arrangement that looks like our tree has been stolen but they didn't take the lights. It's a spectacular spiral of luminescence that smells of plastic.  I sellotape glass balls to it and wish we had a real tree.  I'm making a swag this year or bough or festoon or garland or big bushy thing over the dining room door.  I looked up "how to" on Google.  The best help was really from how to make a wreath although I don't want to make a wreath as I already have one of those and Mr Smith never fails to be rude about it every year.  I will distract him with my bushy thing instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment