Saturday, December 17, 2011

Twinkle twinkle little swirl

Now I am all set to make things Christmassy regardless of being married to Britain's biggest bah Humbug.
I had difficulty erecting the plastic swirl, that passes as our tree, as I couldn't quite reach and had to ask Mr Tall who sighed and begrudgingly attached loop to hook. It really does look like someone nicked our tree but left the lights. I have now added a few bobbles to give it a bit more twinkle.


Two cakes have already been eaten in this house.  One was a huge panattone - not any more.  I am now looking into how to make one.  The other was a Christmas cake; Mr Smith scraped all the icing and marzipan off his slices rendering them less festive.  I have another one of those on which I have just got to finish piping boring scrolls and dots for the final unit in Module 4 .... yeah, boring boring ... for my C&G Confectionery course.  Then I can shove on Father Christmas complete with calcified pieces of icing from cakes past and add his side kick, a three legged reindeer who might be older than both my children.

I need to know when Mrs Smith Mother of Mr Smith will be arriving and leaving for her Christmas with us.  I have bought her hyacinths which have gone beserk and grown far too big too soon.  I talk to them slowly and am threatening them with the nasty cold outside; much as I do with my boys.  I have just heard Mr Smith talking to his mother on the phone.  When is she coming?  Oh he did ask her but didn't listen to the answer; he was too busy boasting how he put up the tree single handedly.

No comments:

Post a Comment