Friday, December 30, 2011

Blue soup

I have failed spectacularly to find a dentist so I have reinforced my mend with more filler. I have so overdone it, covering the whole tooth and quite a bit of the one next door in temporary filling material, that I am now a bit embarrassed to go to Harley Street with my mummified ivories. On a good note my dreadful mend seems to be holding up quite well.

Christmas films: I haven't seen many but Shopaholic was just what I needed yesterday as I lounged on the sofa after my Richmond Park dog walk feeling all post-Christmassy. Last night I watched Dorian Gray which was very debauched; I had to send Mr Smith to bed assuring him it was all terribly boring and not his sort of thing at all. By the way was Colin Firth really bad? I got a bit confused.

Mr Smith bought me the Covent Garden Soups recipe book for Christmas so I can cook him interesting soups for his lunches - oh lucky me. Maybe he had a premonition that I was going to break a tooth so needed mushy stuff. The book gives you a soup a day, each with a date. Today I will make both eye of newt and toe of bat. In fact the recipes for this time of year all seem to involve things we have handy - good old Supermarketman. There was a particularly delicious soup yesterday, Christmas wrapping soup. I think today is ham and hemlock or something.

This is the week where everyone has had quite enough Christmas but is still sitting around hating their family and yearning for them to return to work. I've just remembered Mr Smith has no work. It's permanent. We are stuck in the inter Dec Jan groove forever and ever watching rubbish telly and eating brussels sprouts and chocolates with paper hats on our heads irritating each other for eternity. Oh well at least there will be a different soup every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment