Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Tiring

Did you see that prog on the telly about the Japanese Tsunami?  It was a really good compilation of witness videos and people talking about their experience and why they recorded it.  Me, I would have run for the hills, but they just kept filming away.  Maybe they had the brilliant idea of "Oh no, I am going to lose everything so I will sell this piece of documentary evidence to secure my future." The chap who almost drowned in his car somehow managed to save his film - I don't know how because when I left my camera out in a slight shower that was the end of that.  I guess his was Japanese.

Cor what a blustery night and I was out in it performing a graveyard shift of market research for Michelin.  I didn't have to drive in the sheeting rain testing their special new super grippy tyres, though I so wished I had. A boring questionnaire of 76 dull repetitive statements went on and on until I could hardly keep my eyes open.  I got drenched in Oxford Street coming home in the middle of the night with no people around, afraid that the big Christmas lights might fall on my head.  I was then concerned that my train might be blown off its tracks so I carefully chose a route that didn't involve crossing over the river which was bound to rise up and engulf London - I went under it by tube then from Vauxhall on a fairly busy train - safety in numbers, we will all die together.  We didn't, but my phone did.  It had no signal which meant I couldn't get Mr Smith to collect me from the station but had to take a bus that could have been hit by a falling tree or be blown over.  Actually, it wasn't that bad but I would have been happier in my warm snug bed next to warm snug Mr Smith.  "You're late."  Yeah, I was out testing all weather tyres in a Tsunami.

No comments:

Post a Comment