Saturday, June 11, 2011

And another one


This horror was bought for me by Mr Smith last Christmas and, although I absolutely hate it, I was so chuffed that he thought outside the box a bit and gave me something so whacky,  I treasure it ... in the deepest recess at the far back of the cupboard.

So inspired by silly teapots, I have decided to make a tea cosy.  I was going to knit one but I haven't got any yarn and I can't really be bothered so I am going to make a patchwork tea cosy.  If it is really successful this will be my prototype and I will make them for Christmas, probably starting on Dec 24th as usual!  I can't actually get into the sewing room as it is brimful with ironing.  So I have to do the ironing as a punishment then start sewing as a reward for my arduous labour.

I am going to Glorious Goodwood next month for which I need a hat - oh no.  I think all my hats have ended up in school dressing up boxes or charity shops.  Oh well, if I get on with it, I could wear my tea cosy.

No comments:

Post a Comment