Sunday, June 12, 2011

Mad Carina's Mad Teapot


I don't do ceramics but, if I did, this is what I would like to make.  I bought it for Mad Carina a few years ago and she treasures it - at the far back of a cupboard!  I bought it in North End Road from a lovely cafe that has sadly, like so many small establishments everyone loves, closed down.  They used to serve your tea in these pots with matching cups which I thought was just so whacky as well as most refreshing after a slog with my shopping trolly along North End Road market.  I shall look out for more cafes with fun china.

My tea cosy project has gone horribly wrong.  I rang M-C to complain.  Although she is my ex-sewing teacher I still keep her on hand just in case.  It tends to go along the lines of  "M-C, I want to make something or other and I don't know how."  She is so kind and never says "That's a shame because I'm not telling you."  She gives me clear instructions which I ignore and botch it all up then have to call her with "Help, it's all gone horribly wrong and it's all your fault."  I'm such a dear friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment