Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Tea for Two, Me and Me


This is my most recent teapot, bought for me by Mr Smith as he broke my boring, but eminently practical, white one.

We now live in a CPZ.  What on earth is a CPZ?  Aha, it's a Car Parking Zone.  Mr Smith had a mad Mrs Smith type of economy moment.  Having refused to buy an annual parking sticker for £150, he decided to save money by digging up our front lawn and paving it so he can park his car on it.  I told him this would be quite expensive and not actually a saving. "Rubbish", he said.  I estimated about three and a half grand if we did it ourselves plus £1,500 for the council to do the run off into the road. "Tosh".  So he called in Drives R Us or someone and guess what?  It was in excess of £10,000.  Ha ha ha.  Just pay the £150 you eejit!

No comments:

Post a Comment