Sunday, June 26, 2011

Stand by your lits

He comes back tonight ....  Mr Smith avec his golf clubs from his golf tour in France.  I have to remember to ask him "How was golf?" then listen with feigned interest to "Fatty had a birdie and Snooty had an under par" (or something) when what I want to ask is "What have you bought me?"  I also have to hear what they ate every day and not give a return account of our fare of pizza, popcorn and cupcakes. Anyway, in anticipation of his grand return from the Continent I have cleaned la maison.  It sparkles ... in bits.  I haven't ventured up to the boys' hovels of horror but I have polished and hoovered and put things away so I will never find them again.  And I have designed and prototyped several new cupcakes which now have pledge sprayed all over them - oh well, we like them shiny.
                                             work in progress - yet to be perfected.

The Apprentice went out last night and never reappeared.  Although this is a bit dull as I have to empty the rubbish myself, I always think "oh how lovely he's meeting a wife" when in fact he's got such an awful hangover he can't stagger home from his mate's house/police cell.

We get the Student home this week and the rest of his clobber.... forever.  We have a mighty mound in the hall.  I have dealt with the putrifying laundry and the horrible kitchen items but I know they have friends who will follow shortly.  I feel tired just thinking about it.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment