Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Juxtaposition of Art and Icing

I am visiting the RA today to see the Summer Exhibition with my mother-in-law.  I am really pleased to be going, of course, and seeing Saint Rita (my m-i-l) as well as gleaning inspiration for own efforts, but I have urgent business at home.  I am trying to achieve the perfect piped rose on a cupcake.  Actually I have managed one (see below) but not four matching.  I have now consulted You Tube and am delighted to find I am doing it right even if I do get a bit side tracked by cats swimming with dolphins or people showing me how to crochet or pop a spot or cut all their hair off.  There's some weird stuff out there and some terrible show offs!  Anyway, enough of staring at the little screen as it's time to cram myself into some item of respectable clothing, wave goodbye to Mr Smith and go and be pretentious.


A rose by any other name would taste as sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment