Thursday, June 16, 2011

How do Daleks eat?

Ever since we got that water butt, with the impending hosepipe ban in mind, it has done nothing but rain.  I was supposed to cut a bit out of our downpipe and insert the water butt pipe but I haven't got round to it and now it's raining ...again.  I thought the instructions said to cut away 30cm so I carefully measured 30cm and sent the Apprentice off for a saw.  On closer reading I discovered it was 30mm - Oh my God.  Thank heavens I didn't make a start or there would have been a ghastly dilemma involving much gaffer tape and Mr Smith asking if it's supposed to be like that.

As I came out of the hairdressers yesterday I saw the oddest thing. In Macdonald's window there was a lady in a burka.  I had to stop and look as I wondered how on earth she was going to get that macburger under her tent.  Answer: she didn't.  She was only feeding her wailing children - probably screaming because they wanted to see their mother.  It really is a most sinister garment.

As a change to cupcakes I have made rock cakes - they're delicious.  I will now make cupcakes to compensate.  I feel some new experimental ones coming on and, as it's raining so hard, I need a nice rainy day project to cheer me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment