Thursday, August 4, 2011

Credit where credit's due - on my card.

Observation du jour: Working doesn't half get in the way of life. I know such activity goes against the grain but I like to earn a crust occasionally.  I am writing a report on an imaginary sofa purchase for a market research company only I keep getting carried away and have almost bought a really expensive Beautiful Sofa by mistake.  I have no intention of actually buying a sofa but I am just going through the motions in order to get the money and it's proving to be quite hard work as the lies are becoming ever more elaborate.  I have just discovered that the people I am working for want to come round and see my new sofa once it has arrived and, as my whole report is actually a tissue of lies, I don't know what I am going to do short of developing a rare infectious disease and then dying from it.


Mr Smith is beginning to notice my spending on his magic card - magic because he pays it.   One reason I have been using the magic card rather enthusiastically of late is because I have somehow messed up all my other cards.  Well, I can't always find all my credit cards as sometimes they have holidays in other handbags or they expire and I lose the new one. Sometimes I have the new one but have lost its new number or I simply can't remember its number or I know everything about it but it's got fatigue from overuse, for example one of them had a missing number and one had got too full (greedy thing).  There is also a problem with American Express - nobody likes it because it's American, which is odd as I consider it somehow glamorous and it makes me feel all multi national (which I'm not of course).  Anyway, today I am having a credit card round up - they are going to line up neatly and all get their proper numbers at the money machine which I will then write on the back of them - well, ok, maybe not; I'll tattoo them onto my hand.  I can pay the tattooist with a credit card.

No comments:

Post a Comment