Thursday, August 25, 2011

Oh Happy Days

The Best Boy (formerly known as the Student) has a very nice new girlfriend.  His bedroom is looking a great deal tidier all of a sudden, though still condemnable by any public health authority (with lax standards).  The lovely girlfriend and I made chocolate orange muffins and they were heavenly - so dark rich and chocolatey, and orangey and gooey and scrumptious and divine.  BB was trying to show off so did wonderfully helpful things like picking vegetables and making a pie.  Behaviour like this from a shirker of Olympian standards is quite out of character; long may it last.

I went to Dorking yesterday - a lovely little market town where all the shops are Robert Dyas with old fashioned fronts and a jingly bell as you open the door.  I felt like Mrs Bennett going to buy ribbons or Mr Pickwick buying more papers.  I went to the quilt shop and spent a hideous amount of money on backing, siding and middling for my latest effort.  I can't wait to put it all together but I am pretending that it doesn't really exist as I am supposed to be finishing that chair.


Mr Smith is going away to play masses of golf in silly trousers over bank holiday so I plan to finish the chair, finish the quilt and eat popcorn ... and watch really crappy telly with the dog; Borgias and X-factor.  The kids can piss off. Oooh it's lovely being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment