Monday, August 22, 2011

Not going out

I have become a complete recluse of late.  With the aid of internet shopping and Mr Smith to gopher I really never need to leave the house except to walk the dog.  This is a woeful state of affairs and results in me looking very scruffy and talking to vegetables.  I have booked an appointment at the hairdressers and today I will go for a swim.  I have told Clarissa cabbage (the only one with a firm middle) of my plans and the runner beans seemed interested.

Having cleaned the boys' bathroom I thought I might make a start on their bedrooms or at least get them to have a bit of a go.  The horrible Student now Best Boy (or gaffer or grip or something in film) tells me he is working far too hard to tidy up and anyway he likes it like that.  But it's a health hazard.  There is an enormous pile of clothes in the middle of the floor.  "It wasn't there yesterday, you must have made it."  Well, yes I did because I picked up all the stuff strewn around the room and, if I could smell it from outer space, I put in the laundry or, if it seemed just crumpled I placed it in the pile to be put away. "You had no right to go through my stuff."  Oh please move out, please.

I am having a wasp battle.  They are very cleverly sneaking into the Apprentice's bedroom and stinging him in his bed.  Now if it was the Student/Best Boy that would be a different story.  We just can't work out where they are coming from.  I follow wasps round the garden asking them where they live.  Mr Smith thinks I'm barking mad; nothing new there then.



No comments:

Post a Comment