Saturday, August 13, 2011

My life imaginaire

My imaginary friends today, Nigella Lawson and Kaffe Fassett, are busy helping me.  Nigella has just helped me put extra lovely jam in the sponge cake with advice on lashings of cream as we all like lots and she showed me how to lick the spoon in a very saucy way.  Mmmmm.  She can come again.

Kaffe is being superbly nice about my slightly botched up patchwork chair and has just suggested a really good way of tackling it by turning it all inside out.  I once met him when I went to see him signing his latest patchwork book. I stood before him breathing his air and he said "Hello" oh so nicely and Americanly and I just looked at him and blurted out "I have too many of your books and really don't want any more."  He looked a bit baffled.  I ran away.  I didn't go to see him yesterday although I know he was there at the Quilt Show. I couldn't face a repeat performance; no doubt nor could he.  Maybe he was hiding.

It's really coming along.


In the absence of Kim & Aggie it looks as though I will have to clean my own house.  Two imaginary friends is enough for one day.  I have delegated the task to the kids - well, the washing up;  Mr Smith can hoover and the dog can take out the rubbish.


No comments:

Post a Comment