Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Patching things together

My friend M-C rang me to say the Clapham riot was awful.  She is American and her description of events needed a little translation; she told me the curry shop and the telephone company were raided - Currys and the mobile phone shop!  The Party Shop got raided which gave me visions of rioters with balloons but it was masks they wanted in order to conceal their identities.  They then set fire to it and that Helium went boom completely gutting the place.  I'm slightly baffled by people stealing mobile phones as I don't know how you'd make a stolen mobile phone work because when you go to buy one it takes hours to set the thing up. Jamie's cook shop was fine as nobody wanted any avocado oil.

I would join a clean-up gang but I don't have a decent broom and to be honest I am rubbish at cleaning as Mr Smith will verify - I will send his mother.

In order to take my mind off all this mayhem I am covering a chair in patchwork. I started this project two years ago and now I realise why I never finished it.  It is a lot of work; I will be sewing blooming squares together forever.  But I will be so pleased with myself when I've finished it, as will Mr Smith - (be pleased with himself for nagging me to get it done.)








No comments:

Post a Comment