Saturday, August 27, 2011

Still on my own

My latest secret project
After a whole day, and night, of languid loveliness I have to get my act together and perform a few tasks.  It all starts with a dog walk, a kitchen clean, a swim and a cup of tea - all at a bon heure.  Oooh, gone all french.  This is parceque nous are going to France next week.  Before this vacance I have vowed to lose 5 pounds.  This shouldn't be too difficult as long as I don't finish the entire battenburg single handed at breakfast or elevenses.

Monsieur Smith is still en Ecosse.  I hope his golf is enjoyable and not underwater.  Yesterday's rain was quite sheetingly dramatic.  The dog and I stared out of the window all afternoon.  We do things like that when not being judged by the quick and the dead.  When it eventually cleared up we went for a lovely steamy walk across the Common.  It was rather ethereal and had a mystical quality quite unlike the bit of scrubland covered in dog poo that normally greets us in the guise of Putney Heath.  I'm sure I saw a fairy; the dog tried to eat it.

Today, I will cut down the lavender and design lavender bags.  I want to make little squares that can be bundled and tied with attractive ribbon like the sort of thing you see in Country Living. I feel there is margin for error here - squares being the first tricky bit.  How about unidentified lumpy shapes?  I'm quite good at those.  Then I understand there is some drying of the lavender involved otherwise we will have lavender compost bags.  Oh well, off I go to start the harvest.


No comments:

Post a Comment