Friday, August 26, 2011

One hundred years of solitude - 3 hours actually.

Mr Smith is away golfing in Scotland.  I have been counting the hours to his departure, planning my time whilst he's gone with popcorn for dinner and X Factor for mental stimulation.  However the joy of battenburg cake for breakfast is outweighed by the drag of the morning dog walk in the rain, dealing with the rubbish and making my own morning cuppa. I am quite looking forward to his return.  Struggling against oneself in the "Who can be first to solve the word puzzle" just doesn't have the same appeal.

My C&G Confectionery course is going spiffingly well with excellents all round so far.  My family just laugh with an attitude of "How sad!"  The postman delivers exciting packages of equipment which is a bit like having a birthday every day.  He even did me a special delivery of my missed package - what a good chap.  I can now marzipan a square cake with no wrinkles and make coloured shapes.  Goody.

A few months ago my poor mother-in-law had a terrible flood in her house from a burst pipe.  This still hasn't been dealt with by the insurance company as they are terribly mean and won't cough up the full whack. She battles on bravely whilst my boys go "Poor Granny, her shit's got fucked" which makes Mr Smith and I so glad we paid for their education.

It's raining so hard; even harder in Scotland!




No comments:

Post a Comment