Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New things

Getting new things is just so exciting.  I haven't had a present for ages so I was extra excited when my new swimming goggles arrived.  They made me swim wonderfully well; positively fat mermaid. They're actually more of a mask which is all the rage these days.  They're great as they suction to your face, don't let water in and don't leave marks around your eyes like goggles; they leave marks like a mask over your whole face!

I went to Argos and bought a mop. I know this doesn't sound very exciting but it is if you are my kitchen floor.  Anyway it's a very groovy mop that you can put in the washing machine.  (I assume you have to remove the handle first.)  I have yet to try it out as it is still in its box with its special squeezy bucket in the hall.  Mr Smith will soon comment using a rhetorical question and pained tone as in "Is this mop and bucket set a feature of our hall?"  Oh he's such a wag.

Whilst I was out swimming and getting new things one of those little notes arrived through the letterbox "We waited until you were out to deliver your parcel."  Aha, more new things.  But I can't go and collect them from the post office because while I am doing so I know more new things will arrive and I'll have another one of those notes and no new things.  Oh what a dilemma.

I also got new hair yesterday and very smart it is too.  Short but not joining the army short.  And not grey.




No comments:

Post a Comment