Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fabric store

Alan Titchmarsh rang to say he couldn't make it so I didn't do the vegetable garden.  However, Mary Portas dropped in and told me all about her new shop at House of Fraser in Oxford Street.  It sounds really good; I can't wait to go there. She helped me fold and arrange all my fabrics so the shelves look like shop shelves and not like my messy workroom at all. It took us the whole afternoon. She had quite a few fruit muffins but, as she was in fact imaginary Mary Portas, I had to eat hers for her.

At 8pm Mr Smith wanted to know why I wasn't in the kitchen producing his dinner.  He just doesn't understand how tiring it is having all these celebrity friends who pop in unexpectedly and demand cupcakes.  You have to be prepared and have a big appetite; luckily I can do both those.  Unluckily Mr Smith isn't a figment of my imagination.






No comments:

Post a Comment