Monday, March 28, 2011

Cement works

Exciting event of the week: The Apprentice son's log cabin kit is due to arrive on Wednesday. I suggested he cleared all the hazards down the side of our house to enable easier delivery to the end of the garden where it appears I will be constructing it. Yes, this came as a surprise to me too. Under some rather flimsy plastic sheeting I discovered 10 bags of hardening cement that he had over-ordered when making the base. I can understand being out by a few but ten bags seems a seriously idiotic over-estimation. Never underestimate the Apprentice's idiocy. Anyway, fear not because I have a brilliant idea of making my own paving slabs. All you need along with cement is a mould and a spade and a bit of sand and grit and determination and release agent and strength and a religious belief so you can pray it'll work. I can get most of those at B&Q. They are only for my vegetable garden so they don't need to be perfect and I don't want to spend loads on proper paving.

I think Mr Smith has the menopause. He is showing nearly all the symptoms being rather sweaty at night, bad tempered with mood swings and no periods. I am going to start him on a course of HRT shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment