Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The oldest profession

I hardly have time to read a book these days let alone write one. Suddenly it's Wednesday and I have a million things to do and a million people to see. I am working this evening which is a great way of getting free money as it's not really work at all. No, I'm not on the game!

Sensible Alison popped round yesterday and jolly nice it was too to pass time and drink tea with such a good friend. She is the Student son's godmother. We discussed the family silver as she stirred her tea with a £200 teaspoon - I exaggerate, she doesn't take sugar. She couldn't believe the awfulness of my darling parents. They gave me the silver which I thought was kind and generous until they followed it up with a bill for a thousand pounds which I am simply not going to pay. I don't know quite where this inner strength has come from. I am bold and brilliant and probably a bit foolhardy but it's about time I stood up to my horrible mother. In this instance I have no choice; I don't have a spare grand to spend on a few knives and forks.

This morning, out of the blue, I got a call from Tony Poor-Traveller. He's not really called Tony Poor-Traveller but I invented this name for him as he and, his now ex, girlfriend seemed to be moving around like nomads whilst their property was being done up. He's coming to stay - oh yippee. He's such a nice chap.

Just time to make a cottage pie for Mr Smith and the Apprentice son's dinner, write down "place in preheated oven til cooked" instructions, walk the dog and tart self up for work - No, it honestly is not what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment