Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ideally shown

Ooooh how I love the Ideal Home Show - all those gadgets that you feel you just can't live without but when you get them home don't really work quite like they did for the man with his ever so camp demonstration. Also I am so impressed by the naff houses that they construct inside the retail temple that is Earls Court. Hideousness seems to be the main theme and opulence the other. You can buy a hot tub jacuzzi for your garden with a chandelier and a hot tub house to put them in, all for thousands and thousands of pounds. We bought a shed and very grand it is too - about four grand actually. It comes in flat pack, apparently no more difficult than lego. I am crap at lego. We are now awaiting delivery and the Apprentice is very excited, I am getting ready for serious construction and Mr Smith is suggesting we get in a man. Not him.

I bought SO much crap. Honestly, I am a sucker for all these kits. I bought a "Make your own photo/paintings" kit, "Cut up your vegetables for stew and salad" kit, "Tart up your cup cakes" kit, "Tart up your face with bronzer" kit, "Remove your leg hairs with a bit of sandpaper" kit, "Watch dvds every day of your life" kit and some gorgeous cheese. I managed to not buy an electric cigarette, a ridiculous cheese grater with a free second one ... but only just ... and a fur coat. Mr Smith should be pleased at my self control rather than horrified by all this rubbish. I'll make him a trendy salad and a vegetable stew tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment