Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dry stone walls

I had to leave Mr Smith waiting for me to cook his dinner and whizz down to the sea and back again, carefully avoiding all chocolate on the way. It was fleeting. I spent the night as I had to see a man about a leak early this morning. Believe me when I tell you this, screaming hysterically down the phone like a mad woman works a treat - they come running. Never employ the calm approach unless all else fails. I had become mighty shirty with the useless managing agents and demanded that they sent a surveyor to my flat pronto .... and do you know what? They did. They took my complaint most seriously and ummed and erred and took measurements and damp readings (dryzabone) then said it was probably a bit of condensation and not a leak in the roof at all. Oh, I see, as you were then.

A note to all drivers of enormous lorries including cranes etc. Please be sure to drive along narrow country lanes over the South Downs as I do so love being stuck behind you for flaming miles. This is particularly good fun when you meet another one coming the other way. Please find different route!

Now I am home getting ready to go out and open fridge doors. My opinion is being sought on my preferred layout for a fridge interior. God, I wouldn't know but it's funny how, for a few quid, I will become an absolute expert on the tardis qualities of a fridge freezer. I have done this before. It was held in the ballroom of a hotel where the fridges, like wallflowers, stood around the edge of the room waiting for dance partners. I then opened and shut fridge doors until I sustained repetititve motion strain, marking my fav to least favs on a questionnaire. I imagine today's will be much the same. Meanwhile Mr Smith will still be waiting for me to come home and cook his dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment