Sunday, March 6, 2011

Words of praise

Thanks Arty Antonia, Boston June, Tony P-T, Everyone at the Seaside, and even Mr Smith. You are all so kind and have given me great words of encouragement and I will paint again. I just get a bit depressed by firstly, how much work it all is to achieve a fairly mediocre result and secondly, how absolutely everyone can paint far better than me. Maybe I try too hard.

Boston June, who has come to England so is therefore no longer Boston June, came over to the seaside with Geoff, her lovely husband, the other day and we had lunch. It was so nice to see her again and she was so enthusiastic about my painting and did encourage me to pick up the brush again. She is a really good artist so words of praise from her are not taken lightly. We are due to depress ourselves stupidly this week by going to the Watercolour exhibition currently on at the Tate where all the paintings will be masterpieces. We really need to go to a dreadful exhibition of absolute rubbish and feel uplifted in the knowledge that we can do so much better. I'll trawl through Time Out and find something suitably awful.

Right it's time to clear my workroom and think about a new collection of paintings.
Note to self: start Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment