Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ping dinners

Yesterday I opened up a cookery book with lots of pictures and the Apprentice and I selected a whole heap of things we would like to eat. We then went shopping. I spent the rest of the day cooking (and washing up). I am now whacked with sore hands but our freezer groaneth with many a wonderful dish. There are lasagnes and sauces, rabbit in cider, lamb curry, hungarian goulash, steak and kidney pie, veal casserole, scones and cupcakes. Oh I was busy. I love cooking when it's that productive but I just don't want to do it every single day. Now I don't have to. It can be Ping Food - microwave from frozen - for the foreseeable future and a happy Mr Smith.

I am meeting the Lovely Claudia today. We are shopping. We like shopping. We excel at it. Actually, she's rather good at sniffing out a bargain. I am the opposite; the price inflates the moment I arrive then I have to lie to Mr Smith about how much everything cost.

I was thinking of my friend Pru whose grandmother had a kitchen drawer that contained nothing but hot water bottle tops and another full of brown paper bags. I think there was a bits of string drawer too. Anyway, Pru lives in Scotland, posh Scotland, on the Firth of Forth. I am thinking of going to stay with her soon. I love going to Edinburgh; you fly in an aeroplane that looks like a cigar with propellers; well, I did last time I went. Mr Smith can wave me off and eat his way through all my gourmet freezer meals whilst I'm away. Shame he can't work the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment