Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What? Who? Where? When?

This is a bit scary, I keep forgetting things. I couldn't remember anyone's names yesterday. Well, I remembered Mr Smith and the Apprentice and Student sons but who on earth was that chap who used to be in that thing, you know who I mean, whatshisname? Apparently, we're all the same. I also forget words and end up having to give elaborate descriptions of the things I am talking about - yesterday it was Defection and Mr Smith could only guess Emigration - honestly he's no help and just as forgetful as me. Place names elude me completely which is a bit of a problem when you want to go somewhere and you can't remember what it's called. I write things down more these days but invariably can't remember where. I will have to read past blogs to give me a hint of what I've been up to lately.

I have made a new vow to myself to get up a bit earlier these days. I normally lounge in bed with newspaper and cup of tea until about 9.30 am. Those of you with school runs and jobs will be horrified. Well, I used to do all that and am now enjoying leisurely mornings of languid idleness with the crossword for mental stimulation and a smelly snoring dog at my feet for added pleasure (his). So, sorry dog, you will have to kip elsewhere today as I am rising with the lark's fart in order to get first shift in the bathroom then off for a swim. Don't worry, I am sure it's just a phase and I'll be back to stroking smelly dog's ears for hours on end whilst staring into space in no time.

Do you think more morning exercise will result in better memory? I'll ask the man to whom I'm married - Mr Thingy.

No comments:

Post a Comment