Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Colour of the day: Burgundy


I have suddenly run out of energy which is not like me. I have drawn the short straw and am on dog walking duty this morning which I will do when it is light. I don't want to get up, get dressed and drag dog or be dragged by dog across Wimbledon Common. I want to stay in bed and finish the particularly exciting dream I was having about David Hockney giving me an award for excellent faxing. But I am excited about painting the current painting and it will not paint itself whilst I slumber so it's up and overalls for me.

Internet Dating Jane came round for tea yesterday and gave me the most lovely present, a burgundy coloured scarf which is just perfect. It's just the right amount of drapey and makes me feel like Designer Susan (she's quite scarfy) or someone really elegant; the new me. I do like this colour. It's the colour of our recycling bins.

In an idiotic moment I replied to a Freecycle ad for a chair and three jigsaw puzzles, as one does. I want the chair for the workroom so I can sit and do nothing ... except the jigsaws. Dilemma de la jour: How am I going to fit a chair into my very small (but not cramped) car? I'll think of something - ever resourceful with a nice scarf - that's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment