Sunday, January 2, 2011

January overhaul

With enormous enthusiasm I decided to go swimming and fight the flab but I made a cup of tea and now I am back in bed instead. The pool will be full of keen people, of which I would be one, fighting for a bit of lane to laboriously slog up and down. No, I'll read the Sunday papers, do the crossword and improve my mind. Then I'll walk the dog whilst Mr Smith potters and moans - he's good at that. Hurry up Tuesday, when he returns to work.

Colour of the day: Apricot. I don't feel exactly pink as I'm still not fighting fit but I am getting there. Soon I'll be back to cerise then I will be ready to embrace the World and everything in it.

Last night I gave my toenails the attention they deserve; they have been ignored of late. They are now buffed, oiled and shiny and if I get run over by a bus, or drown whilst swimming, people can say "Oh, but look at her neat toenails." Now for the rest of me. God, what a task! I'll take a vitamin pill and hope for a miracle.

No comments:

Post a Comment