Monday, January 3, 2011

Costume dramas

I swam like a mermaid - well, actually it was a bit more whale like but I did go. I was so exhausted afterwards I curled up in front of back to back episodes of Pride & Prejudice. How smouldering was Colin Firth as Darcy. I quite admire arrogance in a man - Oh good heavens, I am turning into Elizabeth Bennett.

Today I will walk, a great big long walk. With muddy hem I will walk to Kingston - (it's that Jane Austen thing again.) There I will exchange the positively enormous skirt I bought last week for a smaller one - their sizes not mine, I fear. However, there is something jolly nice about putting on clothes and finding them massively too large. Maybe I will take up shopping in Evans Outsize, try on all their size 26s then feel fabulously thin.

I have just remembered I booked a Caribbean holiday in a moment of madness. Gosh, I'd better pack. No, it's not that imminent; it's next month. I am going on my own for five days then Mr Smith, groaning and moaning about the flight, the airport and the heat, will join me. Well, I get lonely on my ownio. Oh, so exciting, an adventure for 2011. I knew I'd have one soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment