Saturday, January 29, 2011

Dark days and light

The answer was Component and my running shoes gave me blisters.

Back from a few days of seaside where I had a rather nice time, as did the dog and the Apprentice. Apart from drinking pubs dry and nursing hangovers from hell (several) we went to the flicks to see The King's Speech which was so so ggggood.

My best friend, Fat now thin Sarah, who will always be my best friend even though we hardly ever see each other, rang to say her father is dying and she is seeing him through it. A toughie. A malenki bit horrorshow my Droogie. When it's all over I'll come to Manchester and we'll laugh and cry til morn.

The Shore Inn has a rival pub down the road with nobody in it except people who are barred from the Shore Inn. When you meet them you understand exactly why. Mr Smith, who hates all pubs, is wondering exactly how to get barred.

No comments:

Post a Comment