Saturday, January 15, 2011

Somewhat Surprised

About running: The man in the butcher's (the butcher, perhaps) assures me it's all about knowing your fitness levels. That's easy; mine are just below those of our sofa springs. Then you have to start with teeny little runs that are part of walks. OK. So attempting a marathon at this stage was overambitious - I thought it was and explains why I ache so much. I really hurt. The butcher offered to rub me better but his blooded hands were a bit off putting.

Life is full of surprises some of which can be quite lovely and some of which can be rather odd. I went to see Rachel and baby Tarquin, who is a right little thug and totally adorable. Designer Susan had called round in the week and commented on my vastly improved appearance (so glad she's noticed). She then asked Rachel if the thinner and more lovely me is having an extra marital affair. Rachel decided not to give her a straight answer "You'll have to ask her yourself." I am just relishing the delight of Designer Susan's anguish as she worries about Rachel telling me (which she has) and also is none the wiser. Well, it isn't as though she went to see Rachel to enquire after her welfare or play with Tarquin. She really does need to get out more. Mr Smith thinks its quite hilarious - "An affair, who'd have an affair with you?" The butcher, perhaps.

No comments:

Post a Comment