Thursday, January 27, 2011

Seven Deadly Sins

Pride, wrath, envy, gluttony, avarice, sloth and lust. Some of my best friends. We all entertain some if not all of them. I don't actually rate pride as a sin; one should be proud of one's achievements. Maybe it's a form of vanity. Sloth is the sin I shall battle today. Thursdays are usually my lazy days when I don't do much but today I will run. Mr Smith bought me new running shoes (I had to pay for them just in case you thought he was having a mad moment of generosity) and I intend to put them through their clinical trials today. Wimbledon Common here I come, pant pant, groan, groan.

Being greedy and jealous, lustful, angry and vain is all hard work. I'll go to the sea and work on these. I need a pub, a beach and a wave to make it all happen.

The Apprentice (eldest son) has an interview today. It is for a job in his field - stage lighting technician. So let's hope our little sparky wings it then he can piss off touring the country lighting the lights for dreadful bands and awful events throughout the whole summer and not be here. I have a feeling it's very competitive and there'll be queues of men, many of whom do this work every summer, with the newbie Apprentice being number 14,520 at the X Factor auditions.

Lately, I have been rather slow at The Word - a daily competition I have with Mr Smith to solve the Polyword puzzle in the Daily Telegraph. He has beaten me to it several days running taking the absolute crown with yesterday's stinker of a word - Foolhardy - but not today. OOMNEPCTN. I've done it and he hasn't. Oooh dear I feel a terrible wave of pride coming over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment