Monday, January 10, 2011

Not just blueberry muffins

I am feeling creative and not just my usual 'make a cupcake and tea cosy' kind of creative; (although, Rolls, I will make you a tea cosy one day). I really feel like work today and I am going to paint. Thanks to both of you (H & A) for stroking my ego and telling me I'm clever and encouraging me to work - It's done the trick and I feel less hopelessly stuck in a rut of "Why bother, I'm useless anyway?" Mr Smith doesn't give me much encouragement on the grounds that it might disrupt the housework and fail to produce a financial return. Of course he's right on both counts but today I just want to paint a fun painting and not care about it being good, bad or ugly. I have been reluctant to do any work because it is just that, work. But I like hard work, I always have. I like challenges and I go at things like a terrier at a bone until I get there - well, I always used to, I just seem to have become monumentally lazy of late. I get a bit dispirited when the paintings don't sell but, before I cut off my ear, I will go back to the canvas and throw a little bit of me at it. Cows, Wonderwoman, a butterfly and little robots will all somehow make it there today. These represent what I do, who I try to be, flitting through life and getting some of it done for me (I wish).

No kids! The impossible Student has returned to his University and the Apprentice is away but I have a nasty feeling he might reappear soon. A whole day without "Mum have you got .....?" Mr Smith will be at his dalek headquarters - he has just departed with "Have a good day of housework." I despair. Is this what I have become to him? I must prove myself and produce a fine painting (and a messy house).

Ooooh goody Zumba today. Healthy body, healthy mind etc. I haven't been since before Christmas and I am beginning to feel unfit. Time to sharpen myself up.

No comments:

Post a Comment