Thursday, January 20, 2011

Marriage a la Mode

Colour of the day: Scarlet .... but apart from that all is heavenly. I had a fabulous day yesterday. I met up with an old friend after class who told me I look ten years younger. Gosh, how nice. Her daughter is getting married - the first of the NCT babies to make it up the aisle. There's my friend, all glowingly Mother of the Bride - OMG. Of course the daughter is marrying a dreadful beardie specimen vastly inferior to her in every dimension but I assured her it could be worse, she could be marrying one of my reprobate sons. They'll probably be very happy. I mean look at Mr Smith and me; northern boy and uptown girl together for 26 years, who would have thought it eh? Well, at least he's clever and never looked like Jesus.

Coven meeting was lovely. How I treasure my friends. Thanks Claudia for the lovely lunch. Felt a bit drunk all afternoon until I had to pull myself together to go to the cinema. Film was boring: Blue Valentine. Very Arthouse with not enough plot and lots of stupid camerawork that became irritating early on. It was about falling out of love with subsequent divorce; a subject I have seen done so much better a billion times before. Can I have my money back?

Work this afternoon via shopping. I want to mosey around the West End and then buy something enormously boring from John Lewis; I always do that. I need new knickers and a jam thermometer - these are in no way related!

My Arts Fund card has arrived (with a lovely free shopping bag - thanks AF) so I will go to an exhibition and feel all arty and half pricey.

No comments:

Post a Comment