Saturday, January 1, 2011

New (but much the same as last) Year

Welcome to 2011 everyone. I am not sure 2011 will be as full of exciting adventures as 2010 because I did some quite challenging stuff last year including my coast to coast trudge. I might walk round the Isle of Wight in the Spring but there again I might sit on my sofa and watch Coast like everyone else.

I always want to learn new things so there'll probably be some ridiculous class I'll join in an attempt to put another feather in my duster. I have to admit that stained glass wasn't quite for me but I do now know how to repair a church window and run up a glass decoration should the need arise. I can now Salsa, make a passable cupcake, knit a rabbit tea cosy and swim a long way - all new things I learnt in 2010.

I don't really have resolutions to make because I am fairly well resolved as it is which sounds a bit smug but I can't exercise more or eat less as I have those things quite well covered. Perhaps I could stare into space a bit less but I doubt it.

I know. Here's my one big resolution: To finish things and not start any new things until I have done so. This includes a Canadian patchwork quilt, an unfinished ugly pink cardigan, the housing project, the knitted blanket which has been hanging around in bits for two years now, knitted dogs (really difficult), and a painting that haunts me as it's really not very good and needs saving from the grave. Right, well I'd better make a start then.

1 comment:

  1. I am the first follower again! I will follow you around being a fan, even unto the 2012 blog. Hope the flu goes soon.

    ReplyDelete