Monday, April 11, 2011

Aggregating


I have found my true vocation: I am a cement mixer. We stupidly thought we'd save a bit o' dosh by not hiring a cement mixer then had to mix 15 bags of grit with cement and water by hand, bag by bag. Very tiring it was too. I did most of the mixing whilst the Apprentice looked on admiringly. Sometimes I think I am a brilliant Mum as well as a talented cement mixer.

I quite like being a builder. You wear a uniform of cement and paint infested overalls and take three sugars in your tea. I had to do the lunch run to Gregs the Bakers for fatty high carb treats which I ate like a starving navvie. Soon I'll be telling Mr Smith I could do it for a bit less for cash, you know wha' I mean, guv.

I have become quite experimental in my home made paving and we now have coloured slabs. Admittedly the first one broke because I tried to hurry it. However, I will soon have enough to start my vegetable garden. Ooooh the carrots and beans will be so happy.

I was hoping Mr Smith might burn some more bits of dead animals for our dinner on his barbequeue but it's raining. Oh well, I'll lend him an umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment