Tuesday, April 26, 2011

International Day of Chocolate

I feel sick.

Shall I finish off the jigsaw Mr Smith started, just to annoy him, or shall I sort out my wardrobe? I don't trust this amazing heatwave to last forever and I can just see me putting away all my wintry woollies and replacing them with summer flimsies only to find I was a bit previous. I'll make some sort of effort later with compromises at cardigans.

Easter was lovely but God I ate. How I ate and ate and ate and not just chocolate. Due to the glorious weather we were able to gently barbecue the pascal lamb (and split an infinitive). Thanks Rick Stein for your great demo on U-tube which we followed carefully. Just heavenly. However, the boning, butterflying and marinading was a right palaver and I got meaty fingers all over the laptop as I was going for a rerun on a video of a couple of New Zealanders hoiking out the bone with the greatest of ease whilst I was upside down stabbing into it with a big knife wrestling it back onto the worktop with mother-in-law looking on giving wrong advice. However, I did it.

If I search around this, very messy, house with any luck I should find some more chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment