Saturday, April 30, 2011

I blame the parents

We didn't go to the street party in someone's house as I felt too tired after all those wedding celebrations. I had a lovely glass of Pimms instead looking at the naff garden lights I bought in Homebase last week. They make my garden all twinkly ... the ones that work. They are solar powered and, although some of them seem to be a bit unenthusiastic, they give out enough light to create the impression of a flood lit sports ground for fairies.

I ate a Cadbury's cream egg for breakfast, the Student's carefully saved cream egg in his Cadbury's Easter egg ... only because he wasn't a bit sorry for me when my Easter egg was eaten by a mouse. The Apprentice ate the rest of the Student's chocolate egg. Oh he will be so cross when he gets back from totty chasing. Never mind, I can always buy more Cadbury's cream eggs but, knowing he'll be rude and horrid to us, we might not give them to him. It'll be a test but I bet it doesn't go along the lines of: "Mum, please can I have a cream egg?" There'll be much berating and sulking - normal behaviour for him.

Actually. I feel a bit sorry for the Student as, having finished his final degree film and paying fortunes for it to be developed, he has found there was a hair across the lens in the last reel. Apparently, it's very noticeable and, although not his fault, he will have to carry the blame and be marked down accordingly. Mind you, I notice he's just left it on the hall floor for the dog to chew or Mr Smith to stand on. I will move it and see if he says "Mum, sorry to disturb you but have you seen my film reel that I seem to have mislaid?" I somehow don't think it'll go quite like that. The temptation to hide it and pretend I have no idea what he's talking about is very great.

I blame the parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment